Thursday, January 1, 2009

Getting Back in the Saddle

As I mentioned before, my acting efforts had a few false starts before now. If I were to break it down, I'd say there were three tries before present that were substantial enough to be true "beginnings." Each time, I saved my money, worked to get myself in decent shape and started anew with fresh photos.

As I get older, I notice that competing priorities and obligations have made it harder to focus on each start. This time, there were many reasons to delay - stress had my skin looking less-than-flawless, I hadn't been able to take up residence in the gym as I had planned, and the list goes on. But rather than hide behind those excuses, I decided to go for it.

Alexei Afonin, the creative genius behind Alexei Productions, was chosen as my ally for this like-new venture. I had come across his ad while scanning through Back Stage and really liked what I saw when I went to his site. The overall experience was great - comfortable, friendly and professional - and I was more than pleased with the results.

Armed with new tools to beat the streets and land new jobs, I auditioned and booked my first new role that night! I'm so glad I didn't wait for everything to be perfect before trying again; perfect never comes, and I've missed too many opportunities already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Your comment should be posted shortly.