Friday, January 2, 2009

Setting Things Straight

From time to time, I get asked, "Why don't you straighten your hair?" While I usually just flub back that I do sometimes (leaving out that it's for weddings), the truth is that's not who I am.

"How deep," you may be mocking - and I'd be right there with you, but I actually have a point!

It's the same reason I list my height and weight frankly, resisting the urge to cheat either up or down. Why promote an image that people are not going to see when you walk through the door? In fact, fudging your specs or failing to match your pics is probably the best way to ensure that you will not book the job.

Sure, I could straighten my hair and maybe get different gigs or be seen as more "versatile" or whatever, but I wouldn't keep it up, so why bother? I know myself better than that.

In an industry that thrives on fake, it's important to keep it real - even if it's just with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Your comment should be posted shortly.