Saturday, November 14, 2009

The-Ate-Her

I might be feeling especially snarky this Saturday as I've been thinking about a bunch of random things that irk me. For example, pronouncing theater more like the-ate-her to display culture or insisting it be spelled "theatre." I suppose I like my theater more low-brow.

At any rate, I've been spending a lot of time lately volunteering with publicity for a local theater, the Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack. It is already 1/3 sold out for a run of the seldomly performed yet beautiful musical, "A Man of No Importance."

While making headway with the tigh-knit "family" of people who operate there has been difficult, it has also been an incredible experience both personally and professionally - meeting new people, navigating PR challenges specific to entertainment that I haven't encountered before, stretching, if you will. It's also been a great way to keep active as I find that my life at present consists almost entirely of work or sleep. The opportunity to help out in a hands-on way for an inspiring group has been a welcome outlet and I wish them much success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Your comment should be posted shortly.